Photo restoration, digital transfer & replacement prints
Photos do not last forever and as they sit out of sight in a wardrobe or in the loft they are deteriorating a bit more each day. There are endless dangers that put your photos at risk and the only way to guarantee the safety of your memories is to preserve them digitally.
By converting your photos to digital format, you are protecting your images against dust, humidity, decay, scratches and other damaging effects of time.
We process all types of photographs, from early Daguerreotypes, Albumin prints, silver gelatine prints, sepia toned images to present day colour images.
Our technicians have years of experience working with digital image enhancement. We pride ourselves in the quality of our digital editing work. Enhancements such as cropping, reorientation, red-eye removal and colour correction will help to restore the quality of your older images. These edits will bring new life to your pictures and make them a pleasure to share and enjoy.
- Old photographs are carefully handled with cotton gloves, individually cleaned with compressed air and a lint free cloth
- All photos scanned at a minimum of 300dpi, 24 bits or digitally photographed to achieve the best possible result.
- Our highly skilled scan technicians repair each image, including cropping, rotation, colour correction and red-eye removal.
- Restoration work is carried out in Photoshop to achieve a sympathetic digital image of the original
- Your newly digitised images are either burned to CD, DVD or loaded to an external hard drive
- In addition we can provide you with new high quality prints or enlargements. We only use the best archive paper so your replacement prints will last for well over 100 years.
ExamplesClick below to view examples of our photo restoration and digital transfer services.
Prices are charged at an hourly rate of £35 with a minimum charge of £25.
Contact us today for a no obligation quote.