Video8, Hi8 and Digital8 transfer services
Video8, Hi8 and Digital8 are all camcorder tape formats that were popular in the 1990s. Created as a convenient compact cassette format for camcorders, you could record 2 hours of footage in SP and up to 6 hours in EP mode.
Under the bed, up in the loft or out in the garage, somewhere there’s a box of home videos you’re hoping to treasure forever.
Captured on camcorder video tape, those priceless moments are susceptible to degradation and loss of quality – victims of heat, humidity and the ravages of wear.
By transferring your Video8, Hi8 and Digital8 recordings to DVD you can future proof your memories, ensuring you can watch them again and again.
We are able to convert any region (NTSC, PAL etc) to DVD.
Each DVD is personalised to your requirements. Chapters, interactive menus, background music can all be added.
No matter how big or how small each order is, the same care and dedication is given to all.
Video8, Hi8 and Digital8 to AVI, MiniDV, MPEG or Quicktime
In addition to DVD, we can transfer your Video8, Hi8 and Digital8 recordings to AVI, MPEG, Quicktime or virtually any other format. The files will be ready to play on your computer, laptop or mac and you can import the files into video editing software to create and edit your own DVDs. You can have the digital video files loaded to an external hard drive.
Please note that we supply hard drives at very competitive prices, just contact us for our prices.
We are able to transfer from or to the American format ie NTSC.
- Videos are inspected and repaired if needed prior to transfer
- Ultra high quality digital conversion - transfer of your video tape to DVD format. (We use DVD-R as these are compatible with most players)
- Professionally scene edited
- Image stabilised
- Visual clarity enhanced and colour correction
- Audio encoded in Dolby digital
- Scene chapters set every 5 minutes allowing you to quickly 'fast forward' through your film.
- Attractive on-screen DVD menu with 'motion thumbnails' allowing easy navigation of your film.
- Personalised full-colour DVD case and cover with title and image 'grabbed' from the video.
- Full colour printed DVD disc with title and image